Commitment To The Environment
To demonstrate our commitment to our environment we do the following:-
- We use both sides of almost every piece of paper that comes into the office or is found no longer to be required ie for photocopying or draft printing.
- All paper that is no longer required or confidential waste is shredded and used on our domestic composting heaps.
- We print on both sides of paper for a letter wherever possible, using the smallest size envelope where applicable and sending communications second class. We make maximum use of email or fax or scan and email to cut our carbon emission costs wherever possible. We try to hand deliver items of post within the Cranleigh village area.
- We collect used stamps for Charity.
- We recycle and return Dell ink printer cartridges.
- We recycle all other ink cartridges by sending them to McMillan Cancer Care.
- We collect cardboard, plastic, bottle tops, spent water filter cartridges, silver foil and glass and take them to our local recycling centre together with used batteries and redundant IT monitors.
- Our compostable waste, used tea bags, banana skins etc., are taken home once a week to a domestic compost heap.
- We reuse all plastic bags at least twice and make use of used envelopes to store archived records in.
- We archive used files and re-use the index tabs and the files themselves.
- We return as much original documentation to our clients as possible so they keep original documents, accounts, books, tax returns. It keeps our archiving costs to a minimum – the saving is therefore absorbed into keeping our fees as competitive as possible. We reuse box files and lever arch files and parcel up accounts for clients to minimize buying new ones.
- Our IT department scans and archives old papers so this cuts down on the archived papers that we are legally required to retain.
- We maintain an archived storage service in the immediate locality which means we cut down our carbon emissions in retrieving the documents and getting the documents there in the first place.
- We only wash once a week in an old tin bath which we fill from the rainwater collected from the water butt outside the office and the boss gets to go first!- if you believe this- well!